4.17.2007

Ode to Powell

Ooooh, how I adore Lake Powell. For the past couple years, Cody and I have gone down each Summer with some of our friends for 3 or 4 days. Since today is so gorgeous, it's getting me super excited for this year's trip! Still working out a date when we can go - hopefully sometime in June. My friend Heather will be pregnant with me, so the two of us can simply lounge around, sipping cold beverages and floating in the water. Here are a few pictures of trips gone by:

We found this perfect rock for jumping and swimming. Did I jump you ask? No sir. I did better taking pictures from the boat.

This trip is actually from two years ago - it's nice to just stop in the middle of the channel and do some swimming!

This was taken during that same trip - we were up Antelope canyon. It's so beautiful up there, the rock walls come straight up out of the water. When the water is totally flat, you almost can't tell where the water line starts!

This was taken on a trip with my family later that Summer. As you can see, we wakeboard until sunset!

Awww, sweet Cody. I love this picture. This is after he had his last run of the day.

I cannot wait to go this year! I mean, I'll be huge and buoyant - but it's Powell. I wouldn't miss it! Get your water wings ready, kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute photos and great memories! I'm so ready for summer....