4.09.2007

"Welcome to Motherhood..."

My Mom said this to me tonight. I was telling her how protective I am of little Cache, how I just want him to be safe and happy and not have anything bad happen to him. I know every Mother must feel this way. You feel that your child is so special and precious and you just want everything to go right for them. I was so protective of my little brother growing up - he's only 1 year younger than me, but I felt a strong sense of loyalty to him and would not hesitate to come to his defense in any situation. Cache is such a gentle, kind little guy. He loves to be around other kids and he's so eager to make pals. I want to let go of my protective streak and let Cache experience new things and know that it's OK if he's feelings get hurt or if he doesn't understand something right away. I just always want to be there to make sure that he's alright and...I know I can't. He's only 2 and sometimes I will lay awake at night and worry about him - worry about him getting teased or feeling stupid in class. Things I can't control, no matter how much I want to. Growing up is tough, we've all done it and we all have scars. I have to think that the Savior feels this constantly. He wants to protect us from harm and knows that there are things out there that can hurt us. He knows we will mess up, we will get teased, we will get hurt. All He can do is promise to love us no matter what, and that is the comfort we need. Cache is a brave little boy and I know he will do great. I can't wait for him to have a little brother to show around and teach. It was nice to be able to talk to my Mom about it tonight, to really talk about being a Mother. I told her how I worry about Cache and that I just love him so much. That's when she reached over teary-eyed and said, "Welcome to Motherhood..."

4 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

You are so cute . . . and so is your little guy! You make me feel less scared about being a Mom someday!

LOVE YOU!

The Bastian's said...

You look so beautiful in this picture! It is nice to hear that someone else feels a bit how I do. I get so scared too, you just kind of get thrown into it huh! You have to be such a great mom though, and with Cache's looks, its all going to be easy for him!

Auntie Ann said...

Cache is a little doll. My sister and I always talk the same way about Estee...I dont even understand how you guys do it!

Anne said...

Oh, that's so sweet. And so true. Thanks for this post. It was really moving. And you are so stinking cute. Love you to death.