5.23.2007

Celtic Concert

Last night I took my Mom to see 'Celtic Woman; A New Journey' in concert. Have you heard of these ladies? People. They are incredible. I heard them about 6 months ago and instantly fell in love with them. Most of the girls are from Ireland and they all sing traditional Irish and Gaelic songs, along with some modern tunes (Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Beyond the Sea, etc.). Their voices are so clear and beautiful, I can't even explain it. Sometimes they sing solos or sing together in harmonies...gorgeous. My Mom and I were on the 11th row (sweet!) and there were times that my arm hairs were vibrating - it was so rad! They are backed by these drums and singers and instruments, it's so overwhelming. My Mom got quite teary during most of the songs, she was a complete mess during 'Danny Boy', bless her heart. I tell you what, it was the coolest thing ever - we had such a blast!

There is a member of the group who doesn't sing, but she plays the violin like a banshee. She leaps around the stage like a pixie playing her heart out on this little fiddle! Amazing, I've never heard anything like it.



You have to check this music out. Some of my favorite songs are:
The Last Rose of Summer
Carrickfergus
At The Ceili
Spanish Lady
Vivaldi's Rain
Go have a listen!!




Hallelujah!

Ikea opens today!! I am so giddy. For some crazy reason, I have decided to brave the crowds with my Mom and my brother's girlfriend. My Mom and I drove through the parking lot of Ikea last night (to see all the people waiting outside and also to be sure we knew how to get there). There were tents. TENTS! Everywhere! Tons of people, sleeping in their cars or right on the sidewalk. Now, I love Ikea as much as the next person, but seriously? I've heard that they always get people waiting outside for the Grand Opening, but I had no idea it would be that insane. It was like a rock concert or something! So wish me luck, I'm hoping I don't have to get feisty with the other customers. We're going this afternoon so maybe by that time all the die-hards that were waiting up all night will be sleeping in a corner somewhere - more shopping for me!

3 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

danny boy will get me every time!

Kateastrophe said...

I LOVE Danny Boy! I'm glad you guys had such a good time at the concert and YAY FOR IKEA!!

Love you!!

Brillig said...

YOU WENT TO THE IKEA-OPENING CRAZINESS??? I must have a full report!!!!!! And yes, I've watched the concert on TV. GORGEOUS music! That's awesome that you got to go!