5.11.2007

Empty Handed

Nothing is more depressing than a day at the Mall with nothing to show for it. Today I went up to The Gateway to do some shopping. I also went up there so I could meet my sister at the Discovery Museum so our kids could run around and play. Sadly? A total wash! I was looking for something to wear at my cousin's wedding reception tonight, but couldn't find a thing - that usually happens when I go shopping with something in mind...I tend to only score great finds when I'm simply browsing. I still hadn't heard from my sister and after walking around The Gateway for about 1 1/2 hours, I decide to leave. I loaded up Cache in the car and as soon as we were pulling out of the parking lot, my sister calls. *sigh*. We agree to just meet up before the reception. No playing with cousins today!

I start the hour-long drive back home when I realize, "Hey! I could stop at University Mall and check some stores really quick!" So I stop there, walk around for an hour with Cache in tow. Did I find anything you ask? No sir, not a thing. It wouldn't have mattered if I did - I realized that when I got back to the car I had left my wallet on the front seat. Niiiiiice. So now I have to shower and get ready, find SOMETHING to wear that won't make me feel like a beached whale and head up to this reception. Ugh....

5 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

I HATE that! It's the worst feeling. Hope you find something cute. You always look amazing!

LOVE YOU!

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

That totally sucks, except that I don't think you ever look like a beached whale- your skin's too nice.

Just kidding....can't get mad. I LOVE you. Have fun at the wedding!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

Hi Julia- I don't know if you remember me...I dated Marty years ago... anyway, I've been bored tonight and started blog-hopping. Came across your blog through the sister of a friend of a friends blog. Your blog is cute-I'll be checking in! Hope you are doing well!

Auntie Ann said...

Im sorry...but i know you looked darling, you always do.

Brillig said...

Oh, I hate that too. I'm just like you--I only find something when I'm not looking (and when I don't have any money...) Bummer!