5.10.2007

What a difference...

Today is so gorgeous! Clear blue skies, nice and warm, lots of sunshine, the birds are chirping. Last week? The weather was miserable, but more about that in a minute. Last Thursday was the first day of Women's Conference and I went with my friends Brittany and Heather. We had a total blast! We went to some great classes and were able to catch up. We had a lovely lunch, walked through the museum and bought some sugary treats.

Luckily, we brought our umbrella's! We had to walk between buildings to catch different classes and it rained and hailed ALL DAY LONG. It was crazy! It was so cold, quite the adventure! Here we are braving the elements. Look at the slush!

Friday was still pretty cold, but it didn't rain as hard and there wasn't a sign of hail - yay! Heather wasn't able to join us, so Britt and I went it alone. We missed her, but we still had a great time.

There were devotionals at the end of each day and we decided to sit at the very, very top of the Marriott Center. Here's an idea of just how high up we were.


"Can you see anything, Britt?"
"No, I can't see a thing..."

We were able to lean against the wall which was nice after a long day! Aside from battling the Nor-Eastern, it was a fabulous two days. I can't wait to go next year!

3 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

Haha I love that last picture. So funny! Glad you had a good time. One of these years I'm going to come up for the conference!!

Brillig said...

hahaha. Funny. That's where I always seem to end up sitting for anything happening in the Marriott Center. And then I wonder, "what's the point again?" Sigh. Sounds like you had fun, despite the weather.

It really IS a beautiful day today, isn't it!!! I'm contemplating a way to celebrate. But since I'm sitting here at my computer in my pajamas, I think that the day may be wasted on me... hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Women's conference was so much fun...can't wait until next year! I'm also loving the weather...it is sooo nice!