5.18.2007

Random Friday

Is it crazy to anyone else that May is almost over? Where did this month go? That means that Summer is getting closer (yay!) and it's getting hotter (...ok) and I'm not super excited about getting bigger (ugh.). I went to my Dr. appt this morning and everything looks great. I'm a wee bit over 6 months, this pregnancy has gone by so fast! They said that the baby looks really healthy and I'm getting fatter - they're very happy for me.

Cody and I are planning to go to Powell in 3 weeks. I'm so excited! It's crazy that it's coming up so fast, I haven't even been getting ready for it. It will be nice to get away and have some time with Cody and some of our friends. Since I can't Wakesurf this year I'll be a great flag girl! I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time in the water to keep cool. OH! I'm so excited! Everybody pack your bags, lets all go!
















Cache and I are about to go grab some lunch - the weather has been so gorgeous, it's hard to stay inside. I think I may lay in the sun a little this afternoon....ahhhh. To be honest, I find that laying out can be pretty boring, especially when you don't have a pool (which I don't). However, I must admit that lying in the sun really relaxes me! I have no desire to lay out for hours and get really dark (skin cancer, anyone?), but just the lovely feeling of being outside, listening to my iPod and enjoying the day...ahhh, bliss! I actually make a playlist to listen to while I am laying out - anyone have any favorite Summer tunes? Here are a few of mine:

Wish I - Jem
Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
So Nice (Summer Samba) - Astrud Gilberto
T-shirt Weather - The Lucksmiths
Summertime Girlfriend - A.M. Sixty

There are so much more, maybe I'll post some more later. Hope you all enjoy a balmy weekend, go soak up some sunshine!

5 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i am so jealous....powell....i've never been. marty invited me once (years after we dated), but i thought it might be awkward...even so-swimming is the best thing ever when you are loaded down with a baby in your tummy!

i don't know if this counts as a summer song, but i am really into arcade fire right now....especially rebellion (lies)....sooo good. i have had it on repeat on my ipod for a week now! so it will forever remind me of summer

Kateastrophe said...

I will join you at Powell in a HEARTBEAT! Mmmm Powell. Mmmm swimming. Mmmmmmmm.

Aw now I miss you like crazy!! Come here. NOw.

Brillig said...

Oooooh, so fun. Have a great time, you sweet little sun worshiper!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

and where did you find that cutest may pole picture? i was searching google images the other day for just such a picture! you always have the cutest images....i might steal your may pole, so don't be surprised...

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i have now read your entire blog. i know, i'm so lame-but nash is sick so i am stuck at home! two things: 1. i wish i wasn't so lame and shy when i met you and had the chance to get to know you years ago. we actually have a lot in common. 2. i think you are the cutest thing ever. and you have the cutest family (both families)...