5.24.2007

Shopping Trip

What a successful day! To my surprise, the Grand Opening Day at Ikea was not as crazy as I had anticipated. We were able to park really close, we walked right in and got down to business! It was a little busy, but really not bad at all. I went crazy looking at all their lovely bookcases and sinks and bedding. I had to exercise restraint - I had to keep telling myself that I could come back for things. All my past Ikea trips have involved spending way too much money because I knew I wouldn't be back for some time. Now I can go up tomorrow if I want! I did score some great finds - I bought a little art easel for Cache that he can draw on with chalk, paint or dry-erase markers. Bought a baby blanket, a comforter and some pillows for our bed, some random kitchen stuff and some toys...it was fabulous! My only concern is that I will now insist on going there for everything. I mean, they have everything, so why go anywhere else, right? We were quite sleepy after a long day of shopping - we were there for 5 hours and I still feel like I need to go back and look around some more. Like I said, there's always tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that...I can't wait to take Jim later. There is so much there that I feel I need to have! Loved it!

Kateastrophe said...

Mmmmm Ikea. Sadly, I have one here, but it takes like an hour to get there so I don't go as often as I should! I suck . . .

Brillig said...

Oh. My. Holy. Crap. Aren't you PREGNANT? HOW DID YOU SHOP FOR 5 HOURS??? You are an amazing woman. I salute you.